Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cousin Victor

Greetings Ghost Fans,
Back in the late 1960's when Disneyland still had its original queue graveyard, one of the tombstones not later transplanted to Walt Disney World was for Cousin Victor.

Cousin Victor is actually a play on the name of Imaginere Vic Greene. Vic Greene oversaw many architectural projects in the parks as a land planner and also a draftsman for many key locations within the park. Vic was also the Art Director for Disneyland's Jungle Cruise. His main contribution for The Haunted Mansion, both at Disneyland and Disney World was the overseeing of architectural elements both outside and in.

(NOTE: In keeping on the mouse's good side, I have blurred out the measurements for this tombstone.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for another great post.

I really enjoy the hidden details, little known facts and art that you are able to share.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You just made me very happy. I've been looking for my Grandfather's tombstone for years. I saw it once as a child, but then his widow (he married another after my grandmother) requested it removed from Disneyland's attraction. I have no idea what happened to it at that point. Probably destroyed.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home