Sunday, August 03, 2008

How to Hang Paintings

Greetings Ghost Fans,

Nearly a week ago, a new painting appeared in the Corridor of Doors at the Walt Disney World Mansion. All of the Ghoul photos had appeared as they do in Disneyland with a few new faces, but one thing lacking from the Corridor was the painting of the Ghost Host who had freed himself with the help of an axe.
Walt Disney World Haunted Mansion recently got this painting, but a much larger rendition of it. Being hand painted, a few artistic liberties were taken and a very interesting difference takes place in this version. Behind our host, we see his shadow in a threatening manner, looming over him with his axe raised. Could this be the Mansion's "Portrait of things to Come"?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW Great post! They finaly put it back up. Obviously the imagineers still have plans for the haunted manion. Thanks for posting it =]

7:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic!

I have heard about some of the changes from a CM friend over the weekend. She said there were some other changes, too.

Great picture...

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this more Constance? I like her, but the ride can not be entirely about her.

I do like that the ride is still getting tweaked though. It shows our imagineers still care and are still willing to invest time into a ride who's refurb has been over for almost a year.

9:16 AM  
Blogger nojarama said...

Awesome! I LOVE the shadow!!!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad they put that painting up but I think i like the one is california better.

But, has anyone noticed that in the Seance Scene in Walt DisneyWorld Haunted mansion, that when Madame leota says "Send us a message from somewhere beyond", there are 3 tapping noises like rats are actually responding? I just found that in a few new youtube videos that I've never heard of before.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I was there a few weeks ago, and I definitely did not see this. I love how they are constantly tweaking the attraction. Love it!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home