Sunday, May 11, 2008

Neglected Details - Master Gracey

Greetings Ghost Fans,


At the Ghost Relations Dept., there is quite a number of different bits of media to surf through to construct each weeks postings. One thing I have come across are the Walt Disney Imagineering photos taken of each stage of the Master Gracey portrait. The painting is projected and sometimes the crisp clear details cannot be seen in the same way if you were looking at an actual print itself. All of the stages in the painting have amazing little touches that just show how much Imagineering pays attention to even the smallest details, such as the flesh still rotting off of his skull.

2 Comments:

Blogger Datameister said...

Fantastic! Morbidly wonderful. Thanks for the post!

5:27 PM  
Blogger John Rozum said...

I was fortunate on my recent trip to the Magic Kingdom to have experienced a week of virtually no lines.

While I can't complain about that in general, my one regret is that in each of my visits to the Haunted Mansion, I ended up being hustled right through the foyer and into the stretching room, which didn't allow me to spend much time with this great changing portrait, let alone attempt photographing it's transforming stages.

Thanks for posting this great image.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home