Saturday, November 01, 2008

Ghostly Games

Greetings Ghost Fans,

First off, as a note to my readers, I have not forgotten you. I have gotten so many e-mails here recently as to why I had not posted anything. First and foremost, I have been researching a few old items dealing with the Mansion which I feel will make great blog posts, and secondly, I have a small side project I am working on that will be of great interest to Ghost Relations Dept. Readers. I am simply refining my materials for that project.

Anyway, without further delay, this weeks post:

Back in the 1970's, Walt Disney World had a few different coin arcades that went along with the attractions. There was an arcade for Pirates of the Caribbean (Link to Widen Your World Caribbean Arcade Page) with several old non-video games. Now, I know what you're thinking; How awesome would it be if the Haunted Mansion had an arcade? Well, it appears that at one point, it was planned! Yes, in the area which now hold the Pet Cemetery and the Yankee Trader store, there was originally to be an arcade, as evident by this early blueprint. Feel free to click on the blueprint for a larger, more legible version.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, too bad they never bulit it. I wouldn't be able to leave!!! Thanks for posting again Brandon...

codyjc

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home